Here’s some additional information on the fine art prints available for purchase from this site.
What is a Fine Art Print?
A fine art print starts with a digital image that is captured by the photographer and enhanced using computer software, with the intent of reproducing it as a high quality print. All prints are created on demand for each customer. The process uses sophisticated printers to transfer high quality inks onto the finest quality paper, canvas, and other materials. The result is a beautiful image with accurate colors, exceptional detail, and durability to resist fading. All fine art prints are suitable for display in a gallery, museum, office, or home.
How do I choose and order a print?
It only takes a few clicks!
- Go to the Fine Art Prints section of this site. The images are organized into galleries by theme (Abandoned & Forgotten, Arizona,etc.). Click on the gallery to see the images inside.
- Inside the gallery you’ll see thumbnails of all the images. Click on a thumbnail to zoom in and see a larger version. Click the “Add to Cart” button if you’re thinking of purchasing it.
- When you add the image to your cart you’ll be taken to the details page, which has more information as well as available products, sizes, and prices. There’s no commitment to buy and you can jump back to the gallery from here.
- If you do want to order, enter a quantity next to the product you’d like to purchase, then click “Add to Cart”. From here you can view your cart or continue shopping.
- The contents of your shopping cart are always visible. At any time you can remove items or proceed to checkout.
Who produces the prints?
I use ProDPI, an experienced and well respected professional print lab based in the United States near Minneapolis, MN.
I see you offer prints on Paper, Canvas, and Metal. Tell me more!
Here are descriptions of the products I offer:
Lustre paper prints – Fuji Crystal Archive Professional Super Type PD Luster paper. This paper is the newest evolution to Fujifilm’s family of professional color papers. Improving on their renowned Crystal Archive Paper technologies, print output results in more vivid color reproduction, plus improved highlight detail. Paired with Fuji’s Digital RA Pro chemistry, ProDPI obtains the highest Dmax and incredibly brilliant whites; the result is a sharper, crisper image.
Matte paper prints – Fuji Crystal Archive Professional Deep Matte Paper. With a true matte finish, Fuji Deep Matte paper offers bright whites and wide color range with a smooth texture. Its unique lusterless surface provides elegant color reproduction with subtlety and warmth. Great with soft, light images, skin tones, and black and whites. Due to its deeply matte finish, ProDPI does not recommend Fuji Deep Matte for images with dense shadows and rich blacks.
Metallic paper prints – Kodak Endura Metallic Paper. Its gloss finish and metallic appearance creates images with exceptionally unique visual interest & depth. It delivers rich, vibrant colors and flattering flesh tones.
Pearl paper prints – Fuji Crystal Archive Pearl Paper. Developed exclusively for digital output, Pearl Paper yields high quality glossy digital prints with a distinctive pearl-like appearance, making it ideal for professional applications such as commercial, fashion and portrait photography.
Gallery Wrapped Canvas prints – Your print is produced on the highest quality white poly-cotton canvas. It has excellent color rendition, rich blacks and a smooth gloss finish. The canvas is stretched and mounted at the lab. It’s delivered with an open backing with hanging wire for mounting.
Aluminum prints – This is a relatively new print medium. The image is created by infusing dyes directly into specially coated aluminum sheets. The image becomes a permanent part of the material. The color, luminescence, and detail are breathtaking. You can choose from two types of mounting hardware:
- Metal Standoff Posts. They provide a modern, industrial look. Your print arrives with pre-drilled holes in all four corners for easy assembly with the posts.
- Metal Brackets. The bracket mounts behind the print. Your image will appear to be floating in front of the wall. It comes with bumpers and a built-in keyhole for hanging.
What sizes do you offer?
Images can be printed in almost any size and dimension from wallet to 30″ x 50″. When you order a print you’ll see prices for the most common sizes but you are not limited to them. Please contact me if you’re looking for a different size. Also keep in mind parts of an image will be cropped if the dimension of the image and the print are different. For example if you order a 10″ x 20″ (i.e. rectangular) print of a square image the top and bottom of the original image will be cropped.
How long will it take to receive my order?
It typically takes 2-4 days for the lab to create, pack, and ship your print. Shipping times will vary depending on the shipping method you select at checkout. I offer different domestic and international shipping methods. Please keep in mind other factors (such as time of year or extreme weather events) can affect shipping times.
What Payment methods do you accept?
At checkout you’ll be taken to PayPal. If you have a PayPal account you can log in and choose from your available payment methods. If you don’t have a PayPal account – no worries! – there will be an option to securely pay with a debit or credit card.
What if there’s an issue with my order?
I want you to be very happy with your order. Please get in touch if there’s an issue with your order.